PLEASE NOTE BEFORE BOOKING:
This rental agreement includes a Zero Tolerance Policy for noise disturbances, over occupancy, parties, or gatherings. Violations of the terms of this agreement will result in fines from $500.00 up to three (3) times the rental amount, as well as forfeiture of security deposits, and immediate termination of occupancy with no refunds. See Section 3 and 13 for details.
Please also note that, as opposed to a hotel room, vacation rentals typically have more square footage, bedrooms, mechanical systems, appliances, electronics, etc. Because of this, there is a much greater chance that something may need attention during your stay. In the event something does need attention, we promise to do everything within reason to remedy the situation; however we do not offer refunds. See Sections 31, 32 and 33 for details.
Please do not proceed with booking if you, or anyone in your group, are not comfortable with these policies.
I herein referred to as (“Guest”) agree to read and abide by the Terms of this agreement and ensure all other occupants abide by these terms. As consideration for the booking and use of Vacation Rental Property during the lease term, I agree to pay Air One, Inc. DBA VacationLA (“Manager”) for all items specified.
1. RESPONSIBLE PARTY: Guest is an adult at least 25 years of age and will be an occupant of Property during the entire reserved period, unless other arrangements are approved in writing by Manager. Guests and all occupants' valid government I.D. must be presented upon request. Guest assumes responsibility for all actions of other occupants and guests. No keys or entry code will be issued to anyone who is not an adult 25 years of age. Persons not falling within the foregoing categories will be required to vacate the Property immediately without any refund. Any reservation found to be obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payments, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in. Guest agrees to comply with all posted condominium or homeowner rules and regulations applicable to use of the Property and the common areas.
2. CANCELLATION: Should Guest wish to cancel their reservation, notice of cancellation must be in writing, and it is Guests responsibility to verify receipt by Manager. Cancellation at any time results in forfeiture of Guests initial 50% deposit. Guest understands that upon booking, Manager takes the Property of the market and may not be able to re-book it. For this reason, Guest agrees that the forfeiture of 50% of the booking upon cancellation is fair and reasonable. Cancellation within 60 days of arrival results in the forfeiture of Guest’s entire rent. If Property is rented and paid in full by another Guest at the same rate for the same time period, Guest will receive a refund of all rents paid, less 25% of the original rental amount. There are no refunds for any reason including early departures, delayed arrivals, inclement weather or reduction in the number of nights reserved. Trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended. If the Property becomes unavailable or unsuitable for rent for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, casualty loss, construction, noise, physical deterioration or loss of utility services, the Manager shall relocate the Guest to comparable accommodations as determined by the Manager.
VACATION RENTAL INSURANCE-CSA Vacation Rental Insurance has been made available with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. If not purchased, you acknowledge you have read and understand our cancellation policy and choose not to purchase Vacation Rental Insurance on behalf of all occupants. Separate terms and conditions apply, read your policy carefully and contact CSA at (866) 999-4018 with coverage questions.
3. TERMINATION: Manager has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should Guest or any guests violate the terms of this Agreement, Manager may impose fines up to three (3) times the rental amount, and may terminate Guest’s occupancy without refund of rents or security deposits. Guest agrees to vacate property in accordance herewith and agrees that a refusal to do so will constitute trespassing and subject Guest to possible criminal charges. Guest is notified that all individuals occupying the Property will be subject to immediate eviction and Guest hereby waives all rights in connection with the same, to the extent that such rights are waivable. Manager or its agent may enter the premises and remove Guest, the members of Guest's party, and their belongings. Noise disturbances or use of the Property for any unlawful purpose including, but not limited to the possession, serving, or consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons less than 21 years of age, parties, gatherings or events or use of common areas in a manner contrary to the provisions of this agreement or the rules of the homeowners association, are prohibited.
IF NOISE COMPLAINTS, OVER OCCUPANCY, OR CONTRACT VIOLATIONS OCCUR, OR LAW ENFORCEMENT IS DISPATCHED TO PROPERTY DUE TO ANY DISTURBANCES OR ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, GUEST AND ALL OCCUPANTS ARE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE EVICTION BY MANAGER WITHOUT REFUND.
4. RENTS AND PAYMENT: An advance payment of 50% of the total amount due is required up to 60 days prior to check-in date. The remaining balance is required at 60 days from the arrival date, and for reservations made less than 60 days from the arrival date, 100% of the balance due upon booking. Accepted forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard and Discover, traveler's checks, bank money orders, cashier's checks or personal checks. Initial payment must be made with a credit card and Guest agrees to provide Manager with a valid credit card during the entirety of the reservation. If Guests credit card is declined, the reservation is not valid. If paying by check and check is returned for NSF, there is a $50 service charge per occurrence. Should Guest fail to make final payment in full by the due date, Manager may in its sole discretion deem the reservation null and void, or charge the Final Payment to Guests credit card. Should Guest utilize a different party’s credit card for payment, it must be pre-approved by Manager and there will be a $25 fee per transaction. Guest assumes all liability for any disputed or charge back amounts by said party. Rates are subject to change and no refunds will be provided in the event that the advertised rental rates are reduced subsequent to Guest’s booking. If a discrepancy arises between information or rates quoted verbally, on the website, email or otherwise, the rate on the reservation will prevail. In the event incorrect information or rates are quoted due to a typographical or other error, Manager shall have the right to refuse, cancel or limit any reservations listed incorrectly, whether or not a reservation confirmation has been sent.
5. SECURITY DEPOSIT / DEPOSIT PROTECTION PLAN: A Security Deposit will be due in connection with all reservations. As a part of your stay, you may purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the Property’s interior that occur during your stay, provided that said policy is disclosed to Manager prior to check-out. If purchased, the policy will pay a maximum benefit of $5,000. Any damages that exceed $5,000 or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our Properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the Property as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $5,000. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/g20vrd. The Vacation Rental Damage plan can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Manager any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact Manager directly if you do not wish to participate in this assignment. Any repairs or replacement costs not covered by the Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan will be deducted from the Security Deposit or be charged to Guest. Certain terms and conditions apply. Security Deposits less any deductions will be returned within 21 days of departure date. If damaged item(s) are deemed by Manager to be intentional or caused by negligence, reimbursement will not be covered by the Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan and will be deducted from the Guest's credit card. Should Manager be unable to recover costs from the Security Deposit or credit card on file, Guest is responsible to provide an alternative method of reimbursement within 48 hours of notification. The Deposit Protection Plan does not cover missing items or damage from pets or allergy/flea remediation from pets.
6. RESERVATION TRANSFERS: Should Guest need to transfer the reservation to a substitute Guest, substitute Guest must be approved by Manager, and must agree to all terms and conditions. A $150 transfer processing fee shall be applied to the reservation.
7. CHECK IN: Check in time is 4:00 PM. Early check-in is allowed only with prior written approval. Keys or entry code will be provided once all fees and charges have been collected. If for some reason, the home is not ready for check-in you will be notified. Please do not attempt to check-in or visit the home prior to notification that the home has been cleared for check-in. Please notify Manager upon arrival so we may ensure the Property is to your satisfaction.
8. CHECK OUT: Check out time is 10:00 AM. There is no holding over. PRIOR WRITTEN APPROVAL IS REQUIRED from Manager for late check-out. Cleaning and maintenance are pre-scheduled, so adhering to the Check-Out Time is very important. A $250 fee will be charged for each hour (or portion thereof) past the required check out time and Guest will be liable for any additional damages incurred, but not limited to the cost of supplying alternative accommodations for arriving guests.
9. CHECK OUT / CLEANING PROCEDURES: Each Property will be inspected, sanitizedand cleaned prior to your arrival and after your departure. Guest should leave the Property in the same general condition as Check-In meaning:
Any debris, rubbish and discards removed from the home.
Dishes and cooking messes cleaned up.
Put back any furniture or items that have been rearranged (inside and outside home).
All remote controls left in plain sight.
Refrigerator and Property should be left clean and free of perishable food.
Lounge chairs equipment, etc. put back in place.
BBQ cleaned with brush.
Please turn-off lights, heater, air conditioner, fans, appliances, etc.
Please make sure all doors and windows are closed and locked.
If applicable, leave keys, garage openers, and/or parking passes on the kitchen counter.
If Property is equipped with a lock-box, please return keys to the lock-box.
The cleaning fee is for a standard cleaning only. If the home was left in poor condition and additional cleaning is required, fees will be charged to Guests credit card on file at the rate of $50 per hour. A $25 per item fee will be charged for each lost key, and $75 for each garage door opener and remote control that is damaged or not left at the Property upon check-out.
10. OCCUPANCY: Guest understands and agrees that Property shall be occupied by no more than the number of individuals indicated on the website, and day/evening guests are limited to 4 persons. A charge of $100 per day per person may be imposed for excess occupancy. All day/evening guests must vacate the premises by 10:00 p.m. Should Guest wish to entertain or have more than 4 guests; Guest must obtain pre-approval by Manager or in writing.
11. AMENITIES: The Property is fully furnished, and includes ready-made beds, towels, and an equipped kitchen. Furnishings and amenities are not new and may exhibit signs of wear and tear. Amenities and furnishings are subject to change, and may or may not be the exact same as represented due to replacement, substitution or other reasons. Manager will provide a starter kit which includes toiletry items, soaps, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoo, toilet paper, paper towels, and other dispensable items. Since a limited supply is provided, Guest should plan to shop to replenish these items if necessary. Manager assumes no responsibility for the quality or contents of any food products left on the premises and Guests use and/or consumption of same is not recommended and shall be at Guest's own risk(s). Towels and linens are not to be taken from the Property and fees will be enforced due to any lost or missing items.
12. TELEPHONES: Telephones are typically not provided. If provided, Guest agrees to not make long distance telephone calls or pay for any long distance or collect calls occurring during the reservation dates. Emergency medical, fire and police service can be called by dialing 911. Many Properties are located in areas with poor cell phone coverage. Please verify with Manager if a land line is necessary or you are concerned with cell phone signal strength.
13. DISTURBANCES: Guest and their guests shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors, respecting the rights of the surrounding neighbors, and shall not create noise or disturbances that interfere with the quiet enjoyment of their property. Quiet hour starts at 10:00 PM, and outdoor noise or noise carrying outside from inside the home should be kept to a minimum regardless of the hour, and in compliance with the local Noise Ordinance.
14. GUEST'S NOTIFICATION RESPONSIBILITIES: Guest shall call Manager upon arrival to Property to confirm arrival. Upon arrival, Guest agrees to examine the Property, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, fixtures and landscaping, if any, and shall immediately report to Manager if any are not in operating condition or in disrepair. Guest also agrees to immediately notify Manager of any occurrences that may cause damage to Property or adjacent properties and to take reasonable measures to mitigate damage, and be responsible for damages for failure to do so. Guest acknowledges that unless Manager is notified on day of check-in of any damage or cleaning concerns, Guest will be liable. Any and all damages, breakage, lost or missing items on the Property during the occupancy will be Guest's responsibility and must be reported to Manager and paid prior to departure.
15. MULTIPLE HOME RENTALS: Should Guest or acquaintance of Guest rent another property in proximity to Property, no items shall be moved from home to home. The majority of occupants from two or more rentals will not spend the bulk of their rental time at a house other than the house in which they are sleeping (violation of the occupancy rules). Having too many guests in one house creates extra wear and tear, risk of sewer problems and noise complaints.
16. GARBAGE: Guest shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the exterior trash bins provided for pickup. Contact Manager for garbage collection days. Guest is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts pests.
17. SUBLEASING: Guest shall not sublet the Property.
18. SMOKING: No smoking is allowed on the premises. If smoking does occur on the premises, Guest may be evicted and is responsible for all damage caused by the smoking including, but not limited to, stains, burns, odors remediation and removal of debris.
19. PETS: Pets are strictly prohibited unless a separate Pet Addendum has been signed in advance of occupancy. If an unauthorized pet is found on the premises, Guest may and/or pet may be evicted and Guest is responsible for any and all damage and remediation caused by pet(s), including pet allergen remediation, flea remediation and reimbursement to Manager for any refunds necessary to compensate affected future occupants.
20. TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY: Guest expressly acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Guest does not intend to make the Property a residence or household.
21. OWNERS PROPERTY: Guest agrees not to access the owner's storage area, even if unlocked, which contains owner’s personal property and may contain cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
22. FIRE EXTINGUISHER: The Property is equipped with a minimum of one (1) fire extinguisher. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the Guest locate fire extinguisher, notify all other occupants and guests of the location, and to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher be missing, or be less or become less than fully charged.
23. SMOKE DETECTORS/ CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR: The Property has smoke detectors and a carbon monoxide detector installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Guest will notify management without delay if detectors are missing, uninstalled, "chirps" or have a low battery condition.
24. PARKING: Guest is advised that in many high density communities, parking is at a premium, and garages and parking spaces can be smaller than normal. Guest is advised to ask for measurements if parking is needed and to confirm parking is available. No refunds will be given if vehicles do not fit in designated spaces.
25. SECURITY: Guest shall take steps to ensure their own safety and the security of the Property by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it's prudent to do so and always when all guests are absent or the Property is vacated.
26. NEW LOCKS OR ALTERATIONS: Guest shall not make or permit to be made any alterations to the Premises or change or add any lock without prior consent of Manager.
27. LOST ITEMS: Manager shall bear no responsibility for lost, stolen or abandoned items. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Guest for return. There will be a $25.00 handling charge plus shipping costs for any found items returned at Guest's request. Manager shall not be held liable for condition of said items. Any items not claimed for longer than 30 days, may be donated or sold.
28. TV/CABLE/INTERNET/SATELLITE: If provided, no refund of rents shall be given for number of devices, outages, content, or lack of content or personal preferences with regard to cable/internet/satellite service. Services are provided as a convenience only, and are not integral to this agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to service.
29. AIR CONDITIONING / HEATING: Some rentals may not be equipped with air conditioning. If so equipped, and if not regulated otherwise, Guest agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 72 degrees and heat shall not be set above 78, and that the fan setting shall be "Auto". Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation. There are no refunds for lack of, or malfunctioning HVAC units.
30. POOL AND SPA: If so equipped, spa heating is included. Pool heating, unless solar equipped is an additional fee and must be paid for prior to use. Guest agrees not to tamper with pool heat controls or manipulate heater in any way. Pool heat shall not exceed 86 degrees. Guest understands that the area surrounding pool and spa may not be fenced or secure. Guest also understands and agrees to be responsible and liable and will pay Manager upon request for any damages that occur to the pool and spa and its support equipment through misuse and/or negligence.
31. SYSTEM(S) / FURNISHING / AMENITY FAILURES: In the event the Property sustains a failure of a system, including but not limited to water, sewer, septic, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, heat pump, ventilating, pool, hot tub or other system or structural systems, furnishings or amenities, Manager will make every reasonable effort to repair or replace the failed system or equipment, and in such event, Guest agrees to permit Manager or its service provider to have reasonable access to the Property to inspect and make such repairs. Neither the Property Owner nor the Manager shall be liable to Guest for damages, nor will any refunds be given for such failures.
32. NOISE TRANSMISSION: Guest is aware if Property is located in a high density neighborhood, it is therefore subject to noise from nearby residences/businesses/traffic. If Property has common walls, ceilings or floors, noise may travel between and cause disturbance to Guest from other residences.
33. UNFORESEEN OCCURRENCES: Manager does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by but not limited to the following: weather conditions, natural disasters, pests, construction, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies, unavailability of any or all parts of the Property, or any other reasons. It is highly recommend that Guest considers the purchase of travel insurance.
34. SALE / LEASE OF PROPERTY: If Property is actively listed for sale or lease, Manager may notify guest to schedule and show Property.
35. WAIVER OF LIABILITY: For spa, hot tub, Jacuzzi, whirlpool, pool, sauna, pond, etc. herein referred to as special feature. If so equipped, it is the Guest's responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the special feature. Guest understands that the area surrounding special feature is not fenced or secure, and there are special risks that may be involved for anyone, in particular children who are not carefully supervised, person(s) intoxicated, on any kinds of drugs or medication, with health risks, or if pregnant. Guest agrees to explain the risks of the presence and use of the special feature to all guests at the Property. Guest agrees to instruct all guests on premises to not access any off-limit, or unsafe sections of the Property including roof-tops. Guest agrees to assume all responsibility for Guest and other guests, for the consequences of those risks and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents that may occur. Guest agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against Property Owner or Manager for accidents or claims.
36. RESERVATIONS ARE NOT FULLY GUARANTEED: If for any reason, the Property is not available or becomes unavailable or uninhabitable for the reservation dates, every effort will be made to locate substitute accommodations. If the substituted Property rents for more during the same period, or remaining period respectively, Guest must pay any additional charges. However, if the substitute Property rents for less for the same period, the difference will be refunded to Guest. Liability under this agreement, and stemming from the relationship created by this agreement shall be limited to the amount of the rent payment collected hereunder and, under no circumstance shall Manager be liable for damages exceeding the rental price, such damages including but not limited to consequential damages, punitive damages or emotional distress damages. It is highly recommend that Guest considers the purchase of travel insurance.
37. AGENCY: It is mutually understood and agreed that Manager is acting as Agent only and has no liability to any parties for the performance of any terms or covenant of this agreement. Furthermore, Guest understands that Agent is being compensated in this transaction by the Property Owner and is contractually obligated to protect the interest of same. Manager hereby discloses to Guest should Guest elect to purchase travel insurance protection or damage insurance through Manager, Manager may be compensated by provider(s) for cooperation in the transaction.
38. HOLD HARMLESS: The Guest shall indemnify and hold harmless Manager, from any and all actual or alleged claims, demands, causes of action, liability, loss, damage and/or injury (to Property or persons, including without limitation wrongful death), whether brought by an individual or other entity, or imposed by a court of law or by administrative action of any federal, state, or local governmental body or agency, arising out of Guest’s stay at the Property and the performance of the Agreement. Guests also expressly recognize that any insurance for Property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the Property does not cover the personal property of Guests, and that Guests should purchase their own insurance if such coverage is desired.
39. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The undersigned, for himself/herself,his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges Manager and Owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which may have occurred to the undersigned, or any of his/her occupants or guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Manager and Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising there from. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
40. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing by a Manager in advance.
41. DISPUTES: This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California. All disputes hereunder, which exceed $10,000 in value, shall be submitted to binding arbitration in the county of Los Angeles California before ADR Services, Inc. For disputes exceeding $10,000, the parties expressly waive their right to a jury trial. All disputes in amounts less than $10,000 shall be submitted to small claims court in the county of Los Angeles, California. Guest agrees to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Manager enforcing this agreement.
42. SIGNATURES: Facsimile signatures are deemed original signatures and approving online terms and conditions constitute approval of the terms and conditions.
43. CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION: Guest agrees to provide Manager with a valid credit card for the duration of the reservation. Guest is providing the credit card as a guarantee. Guest certifies that he/she has read and agrees to abide by the terms of this agreement, and agrees to pay and authorize Manager to charge any rental amounts, taxes, security deposits, extra cleaning, missing property and any damages not covered under the Security Deposit Protection (Paragraph 3) and fines or charges pertaining to violations of the rental agreement. Guest understands that all credit card sales are final. Should manager be unable to recover costs from the credit card on file, Guest is responsible to provide an alternative method of reimbursement within 48 hours of notification.